Location: Longmont, Colorado
To perform all mold design functions in an efficient productive manner. Insure a smooth flow of information from engineering to the tooling floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· All mold design work is performed accurately, efficiently and is completed on schedule.
· All designs are created with the philosophy of making a mold that will make the best quality part possible while staying within the guidelines established by the mold quotation.
· The customer’s design is reviewed to determine if there are areas that can cause problems in manufacturing i.e., heavy wall sections that will cause sinks, zero draft areas, not enough draft angle.
· Finished mold designs and modified surface files are loaded into the system and properly documented under PTA policies.
· Mold base, and mold design standards are properly implemented.
· All relevant job information is properly filed in the electronic red folder.
· A record of all changes and revisions is kept documenting the mold design process. This information will be used at the end of job mold review meeting.
· Upon completion of a mold design, a bill of materials is created and given to purchasing so all required components can be purchased.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· The Tooling Manager and Project Manager are informed of all changes in approach, problems or mistakes in a timely manner.
· Coordinate Tool Design Concept and Review meetings, following PTA SP-049
· All communications are handled in a manner that will promote teamwork on the job.
· Study technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and advancements in the field of mold design.
· Maintain an attitude which promotes teamwork.
· A understanding of PTA System Procedures that are related to Mold Design.
· Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the injection molding process with an emphasis on mold making.
· Working understanding of CAD systems including solids, surfaces and wire frames. Cimatron experience a plus.
· Understanding of NC programming.
· Basic computer skills.
· Minimum of two years direct technical experience in a mold making environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to remain “composed” in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
· Adequate vision and dexterity to operate a computer for eight to nine hours periods.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education