· Interface with external customers to address their needs as related to product quality concerns and data requirements.
· Research validity of customer requests to return product.
· Lead root cause/corrective action/effectiveness verification activities.
· Develop, test, and implement effective and efficient product measurement methods and related quality records.
· Analyze product quality performance using statistical tools and methods.
· Assist with tool qualification and part approval activities, including first article inspection, capability studies, data analysis, PPAP documentation and formal report preparation and submittal.
· Assist with process validation activities, including product measurement and data analysis.
· Lead Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility study, shrink study, and PFMEA activities.
· Lead/conduct quality management system internal audits.
· Assist with development and implementation of ISO quality management system documentation and required records.
· Coordinate special projects as required.
· Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
· Backup support for the Quality Manager as necessary.
· Knowledge of Plastic Injection Molding.
· Ability to read and understand complex part prints.
· Knowledge of geometric tolerancing (ASME Y14.5 1994 and 2009).
· Knowledge of metrology, measuring tools including programmable 3-axis equipment, and fixturing methods.
· Knowledge of process capability and of SPC/SQC tools.
· Knowledge of computer databases, spreadsheets, SPC/SQC software and CAD/CAM systems.
· Knowledge of mold qualification, process validation, and part approval processes.
· Strong organizational and problems solving skills.
· Understanding of root cause analysis and corrective action processes.
· Understanding of measurement equipment calibration.
· Understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management systems.
· Knowledge of quality management system internal auditing.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.· Backup support for the Quality Manager as necessary.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.