Location: Oxford, Connecticut
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Interface with external customers to address their needs as related to product quality concerns and data requirements.
· Research validity of customer requests to return product.
· Lead root cause/corrective action/effectiveness verification activities.
· Develop, test, and implement effective and efficient product measurement methods and related quality records.
· Analyze product quality performance using statistical tools and methods.
· Assist with tool qualification and part approval activities, including first article inspection, capability studies, data analysis, PPAP documentation and formal report preparation and submittal.
· Assist with process validation activities, including product measurement and data analysis.
· Lead Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility study, shrink study, and PFMEA activities.
· Lead/conduct quality management system internal audits.
· Assist with development and implementation of ISO quality management system documentation and required records.
· Coordinate special projects as required.
· Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
· Backup support for the Quality Manager as necessary.
· Knowledge of Plastic Injection Molding.
· Ability to read and understand complex part prints.
· Knowledge of geometric tolerancing (ASME Y14.5 1994 and 2009).
· Knowledge of metrology, measuring tools including programmable 3-axis equipment, and fixturing methods.
· Knowledge of process capability and of SPC/SQC tools.
· Knowledge of computer databases, spreadsheets, SPC/SQC software and CAD/CAM systems.
· Knowledge of mold qualification, process validation, and part approval processes.
· Strong organizational and problems solving skills.
· Understanding of root cause analysis and corrective action processes.
· Understanding of measurement equipment calibration.
· Understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management systems.
· Knowledge of quality management system internal auditing.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.· Backup support for the Quality Manager as necessary.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education