There is something exciting about being on the front end of product development and evolution. PTA Corporation, a plastic injection molder and tool builder, is an “entrepreneurial” manufacturer whose customers are leaders in the medical device, defense, homeland security and technology industries including Fortune 500 OEMs. Business has started to grow dramatically and we are currently looking for a Quality Control Inspector (2nd Shift 3:00pm – 11:30pm) to join our team.
• In this position the qualified candidate must have the ability to read and understand complex blueprints
• An understanding of geometric tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5), a plus
• Provide support for First Article Inspections and Revision verifications
• Verify the cosmetic quality of production parts, both in the Molding Department and the Finishing Department
• Verify the conformance of dimensional requirements of production parts, both in the Molding Department and the Finishing Department
• Generate documentation and provide technical support for non-conformances
• To be successful in this position, you must have a working knowledge of computer databases, spreadsheets and SPC software
• You must possess mechanical inspection skills to include use of hand inspection equipment (Micrometers, Calipers, Height stands, etc.)
• The ability to develop and use open set-up inspection techniques for plastic parts
• Good written and verbal communication skills a must
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.