position plays a vital role in the injection molding team by creating,
analyzing, improving, and adjusting molding processes to optimize cost,
quality, and throughput of the molding operations. The Molding Process Engineer will be
responsible for sampling, process development, and documentation of new injection
molds as well as existing molds; in addition to mold validation and sampling.
· Sampling and process development of new and existing molds
· Troubleshoot existing tooling
· Collect and analyze data on individual processes to identify and improve process capability.
· Document and maintain mold process sheets for accuracy
· Assist NPI Engineers with the creation of Control Plans
· Participate in new program quoting, mold design reviews, and formal print reviews
· Provide input on mold and automation designs to ensure they correlate with process and equipment planning
· Provide expertise and training on scientific injection molding practices
· Write Design of Experiment (DOE) for new and modified processes
· Provide technical support and leadership for cost reduction activities
· Work with other departments to develop, strengthen, and maintain troubleshooting goals
· Use Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma (DMAC), and other statistical techniques to analyze process data to determine capabilities as well as potential improvements
· Work with QA to establish and maintain consistent part quality and systems through SPC and DOE studies
- · Should have good coordination and
organizational skills to work with various departments
- · Should have good problem-solving
- · Should have thorough knowledge about the methods and techniques of manufacturing
- · Bachelor of Science
degree in an engineering field; Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Technology/Engineering
· RJG Master Molder Certification a plus.
· Strong knowledge of mold design.
· Demonstrated problem solving ability using reliable methods
· General knowledge of statistics, including application of capability studies and working knowledge of Minitab Software.
· Commitment to Total Quality and Continuous Improvement practices.
· Skills and aptitude to lead projects and coordinate work of others highly desirable. Good written and verbal communication skills with all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers.
· Experience in writing, reading and interpreting the documentation of designs and production processes.
· Experience with ISO 13485 quality system requirements would be a plus.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.