Location: Longmont, Colorado
$60,000 - $80,000 Annual Salary
This position is responsible for the transition of new projects and processes from Tooling to Manufacturing. This position will work closely with the customer to define manufacturing requirements, delivery schedules, validation protocols, and to identify and correct issues. The position will manage cross functional deliverables, develop schedules, track progress, and ensure new projects are efficiently executed. Strong leadership and excellent communication skills are required. This position will act as the primary contact between functional groups within the organization and will ensure that all stakeholder requirements are properly communicated and accomplished.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the customer specifications and company
standards and verifying the same in the finished product
- Specifying and/or refining BOMs, print reviews, work
flow processes, manufacturing plan and ensuring detailed work instructions
- Analyze, from a risk perspective, (PFMEA) to
incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of
manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging
standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Provide production support through successful and
sustained project launch.
- Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing,
Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability.
- Analyze DOE data (viscosity study, gate freeze, etc.)
- Prepare and deliver all validation plans, studies, and reports.
- Understanding the customer specifications and company standards and verifying the same in the finished product
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field;
Mechanical or Plastics Engineering strongly preferred
- Three - five years of engineering experience working in
manufacturing or engineering activities applying problem solving skills
(e.g., Six Sigma, probability and statistics) and process improvement
- Skills and aptitude to lead projects and coordinate
work of others highly desirable. Good written and verbal communication
skills with all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Experience in writing, reading and interpreting the
documentation of designs and production processes.
- Experience with ISO 13485 quality system requirements would be a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field; Mechanical or Plastics Engineering strongly preferred
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education