Location: Longmont, Colorado
- The Human Resource Business Partner will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. Additionally, will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll. Requires a high degree of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism along with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills on all levels within the organization. Must be comfortable working autonomously with issues that are potentially sensitive and complex, where solutions need to be equitable and consistent with good employer/employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Coordination and administration of annual benefits open enrollment at the plant level.
· Responsible for the coordination and administration of bi-weekly payroll processing, reconciliation and auditing of scheduled reports according to established deadlines.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Responsibilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· Remain up to date on current regulations in labor relations, labor laws and benefits administration through the use of seminars, CEU’s, etc
· At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
· Acquires and retains in-depth working knowledge of all payroll systems’ functionality to independently research and resolve payroll issues, including all vendor systems and processes
· SHRM-CP a plus.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education