Location: Longmont, Colorado
$25 - $40 per hour
To operate all EDM machines and equipment in an efficient productive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· All EDM is performed accurately, efficiently and on schedule.
· A complete working knowledge of all EDM equipment.
· All technical aspects of running the equipment (i.e., spark gaps, finishes, settings, etc.) have been acquired.
· Machines and equipment are kept clean and in good working condition.
· Mold Maker support is given when the EDM area is slow, i.e., support tooling efforts; polishing, repairs, etc.
· Conflicts in priorities or with available equipment are discussed with the Tooling Manager/Supervisor.
· All questions regarding the job are directed to the Mold Maker or the Tooling Manager/Supervisor.
· Adequate time is spent with the Tooling Supervisor, Mold Maker and CNC support discussing problem areas, equipment utilization, and job planning.
· The Tooling Manager/Supervisor is informed of all changes in approach, problems or mistakes in a timely manner.
· All information given to others on the job is documented in a clear easy-to-understand fashion.
· Positive and negative feedback to others working on the job is handled in an appropriate manner.
· All communications are handled in a manner that will promote teamwork on the job.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· EDM Specialist is responsible for working with the Tooling Supervisor, Electrode Department and Mold Maker on how the job is planned and what is expected on a job.
· EDM Specialist, when possible, will do all EDM on a job. Any overload work will go to other Specialists or Mold Makers based on delivery and personnel availability.
· Study technical publications to keep abreast of new technological changes and advancements in the field of EDM machining.
· An attitude, which promotes teamwork, is developed and maintained.
· Enough time is spent learning CAD software so that it can be used in an efficient manner related to the job.
· An understanding of PTA System Procedures involving Tooling related SP’s
· Must display a complete understanding of all aspects of the mold making process
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mold building.
· Must be have an understanding of CAD, programming, milling and NC processes used at PTA.
· Adequate vision and coordination to perform meticulous detail work.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education