Location: Longmont, Colorado
$70,000 - $85,000 Annual Salary
Schedules and assigns tooling work in the shop. Determines overtime requirements. Reviews deliveries, material orders and construction methods and resolves problems when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with outside sources for welding, polishing, wire cutting and other operations not done in-house.
· Is a member of the quoting round table team for new projects and revisions.
· Trains workers as required to accomplish their assignments and to allow growth in the department.
· Identifies short- and long-term departmental goals; does justification and comparative analysis of new equipment needs, defines budget requirements for the department.
· Establishes reporting systems to improve efficiency and tracks individual job progress through existing business systems. Performs job-costing analysis throughout the mold build at the completion of job.
· Reviews work in process in the shop to assure quality levels are met.
· Makes tool construction recommendations to Project Managers, to optimize quality and molding performance.
· Reviews tools at the end of molding trials with Project Manager and Manufacturing Manager to determine what corrective actions are necessary.
· Works with Project Managers on start-up of new molds. Attends kick off meeting on new tooling programs with Project Manager, Mold Designer, Quality, Manufacturing and Mold Makers. Works as a team member with molding and Project Managers to start up new programs.
· Works with accounting to ensure proper procedures are followed for time cards, material usage sheets, machine usage documentation and purchasing in the department.
· Writes and conducts job and personnel reviews, resolves personnel problems, authorizes vacations and sick leaves. Uses basic techniques to integrate employees’ individual goals with company objectives.
· Determines staffing requirements and reviews potential candidates for the department as needed.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education