Schedules and assigns tooling work in the shop. Determines overtime requirements. Reviews deliveries, material orders and construction methods and resolves problems when necessary.
· Works with outside sources for welding, polishing, wire cutting and other operations not done in-house.
· Is a member of the quoting round table team for new projects and revisions.
· Trains workers as required to accomplish their assignments and to allow growth in the department.
· Identifies short and long term departmental goals; does justification and comparative analysis of new equipment needs, defines budget requirements for the department.
· Establishes reporting systems to improve efficiency and tracks individual job progress through existing business systems. Performs job-costing analysis throughout the mold build at the completion of job.
· Reviews work in process in the shop to assure quality levels are met.
· Makes tool construction recommendations to Project Managers, to optimize quality and molding performance.
· Reviews tools at the end of molding trials with Project Manager and Manufacturing Manager to determine what corrective actions are necessary.
· Works with Project Managers on start-up of new molds. Attends kick off meeting on new tooling programs with Project Manager, Mold Designer, Quality, Manufacturing and Mold Makers. Works as a team member with molding and Project Managers to start up new programs.
· Works with accounting to ensure proper procedures are followed for time cards, material usage sheets, machine usage documentation and purchasing in the department.
· Writes and conducts job and personnel reviews, resolves personnel problems, authorizes vacations and sick leaves. Uses basic techniques to integrate employees’ individual goals with company objectives.
· Determines staffing requirements and reviews potential candidates for the department as needed.
· Minimum of 5 years mold making experience.
· Prior supervisory experience a plus.
· Good Communication skills.
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.