Location: Longmont, Colorado
$25 - $40 per hour
- To assume responsibility for the fabrication, quality and on time delivery of all assigned tooling. Coordinates jobs with the NC and EDM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· All new tooling is produced on time and efficiently while maintaining high quality standards.
· A thorough acquired expertise in all the skills, techniques, and technologies required to perform this job.
· The responsibility for coordinating new tooling with other departments (i.e., CNC, design and EDM).
· Assume the responsibility for problem solving and directing all peers to come to a common goal.
· Works with the Tooling/Supervisor and mold designer at the beginning of all programs to determine the overall game plan and methodology of tool build when required
·All molds are reviewed with the Tooling/Supervisor upon their completion to discuss how the job went, what worked well, and what could be done differently the next time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· The Tooling Manager/Supervisor are informed of all changes in approach, problems or mistakes in a timely manner.
· All information given to others on the job is documented in a clear easy-to-understand fashion.
· Positive and negative feedback to others working on the job is handled in an appropriate manner.
· All communications are handled in a manner that will promote teamwork on the job.
· Study engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and advancements.
· Develop and maintain an attitude which promotes teamwork on the job.
· Devote enough time is spent learning CAD software so that it can be used as an electronic blueprint. Planning work with Tooling Manager/Supervisor.
· Working with specialty departments to get their input and help on the job.
· Ensure all deliveries are met.
· Take care of all miscellaneous details on the job or get support help with them through the Tooling Manage/Supervisor.
· Work with Tooling Management daily to make sure their jobs do not sit in specialty departments and all schedules are met.
· Understand PTA System Procedures involving Tooling related SP’s
· Gives directions to peers on tooling programs.
· Must display a complete understanding/proficiency of all aspects of the mold making process
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of five years experience in mold building
· Understand the molding process, materials and their relationship to the mold making process
· Must be proficient with CAD, NC programming, manual milling, grinding, turning, CNC and EDM
· Adequate vision and coordination to perform meticulous detailed work
· Work unsupervised or in team setting
· Lift up to 75 pounds
· Able to stand for extended periods of time
· Work on computer for extended periods of time
· Bridgeport, lathe and surface grinder experience a plus
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Plan with company match
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive health care coverage with prescription drug plan (2 plan options)
Flexible Spending Accounts (medical reimbursement and dependent care)
Salary Continuance (short and long-term disability)
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement program
Routsis Plastics Training
Support for Professional Association Membership and Education