To assume responsibility for the fabrication, quality and on time delivery of all assigned tooling. Coordinates jobs with the NC and EDM.
· All new tooling is produced on time and efficiently while maintaining high quality standards.
· A thorough acquired expertise in all the skills, techniques, and technologies required to perform this job.
· The responsibility for coordinating new tooling with other departments (i.e., CNC, design and EDM).
· Assume the responsibility for problem solving and directing all peers to come to a common goal.
· Works with the Tooling/Supervisor and mold designer at the beginning of all programs to determine the overall game plan and methodology of tool build when required
·All molds are reviewed with the Tooling/Supervisor upon their completion to discuss how the job went, what worked well, and what could be done differently the next time.
· The Tooling Manager/Supervisor are informed of all changes in approach, problems or mistakes in a timely manner.
· All information given to others on the job is documented in a clear easy-to-understand fashion.
· Positive and negative feedback to others working on the job is handled in an appropriate manner.
· All communications are handled in a manner that will promote teamwork on the job.
· Study engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and advancements.
· Develop and maintain an attitude which promotes teamwork on the job.
· Devote enough time is spent learning CAD software so that it can be used as an electronic blueprint. Planning work with Tooling Manager/Supervisor.
· Working with specialty departments to get their input and help on the job.
· Ensure all deliveries are met.
· Take care of all miscellaneous details on the job or get support help with them through the Tooling Manage/Supervisor.
· Work with Tooling Management daily to make sure their jobs do not sit in specialty departments and all schedules are met.
· Understand PTA System Procedures involving Tooling related SP’s
· Gives directions to peers on tooling programs.
· Must display a complete understanding/proficiency of all aspects of the mold making process
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of five years experience in mold building
· Understand the molding process, materials and their relationship to the mold making process
· Must be proficient with CAD, NC programming, manual milling, grinding, turning, CNC and EDM
· Adequate vision and coordination to perform meticulous detailed work
· Work unsupervised or in team setting
· Lift up to 75 pounds
· Able to stand for extended periods of time
· Work on computer for extended periods of time
· Bridgeport, lathe and surface grinder experience a plus
If you meet the position requirements and are an accountable, customer-focused individual, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Mail: PTA Plastics | 148 Christian Street | Oxford, CT | 06478
PTA Plastics is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer.